Oro,Plata, Mata: Peque Gallaga's words



I accidentally (should I say by luck) watched ABS-CBN’s Bandila covering an interview of Peque Gallaga regarding the restoration of Oro, Plata, Mata (one which I recently reviewed).  Though I started the interview in the middle part, I believe I got the gist of a Gallaga prowess. He urged the youth of today to set a critical glance on our national identity. Our world must not be caged in the social media. The computer should not own us. The youth must venture into a more realistic and natural link with patrimony.  Philippine films are good avenues for the expansion of a cultural appreciative attitude. Unlike contemporary movies that favors fancy over quality, movies of our cinema’s Golden Age provides a better outlook and a deeper sense and consciousness. They offer a vivid depiction of a deeper national conflict, one that is more enlightening.
The director of Oro, Plata, Mata praised the high definition restoration of the film.

Gallaga further encourages us to take effort in patronizing Philippine cinema (one which would be in an ‘A’ standard). He also requested to support his newly directed film entitled “sonata.” I fervently wish that this is another Peque magnum opus. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment