Eleven Cool Graduates



I still don’t know why I arrived at this eleven people. I don’t even know how this will appear to them. Surely, this could be the cheapest graduation gift to these awesome people. For two years of knowing them, I believe this is too late to express how I picture them and too early to serve as a eulogy or any other necrological memento. Kidding. Before I ruin or deify their reputation, thanks for everything and good luck. Be the Teachers the country needs!


Eman Barrameda

                He’s not stupid, he just looks like one. Let’s start with his name. ‘Emmanuel’ which means God is with us. Too ironic because when you talk with him, there’s no slight godly with his words – purely sarcasm. Kuya Emman is sarcastic enough that you can’t distinguish his truth and lies. I was shocked to arrange the names alphabetically; I found out that his biblical name came first. This shouldn’t have happened; I intended to make him last.
                Kuya Emman is the most creative person I’ve ever met - too creative that his teacher axed him in math. He draws very well than a fifth grader, I mean a fifth year architecture student. Of course this is a joke. Writing is his passion; prove me wrong and look at his penmanship. He dreams that paragraphs may be toggle cased and centered.  Kidding aside, he is an awarded creative writer. He blogs his works at emanumulat.blogspot.com.  
Associated Word: Balikwas/Escjuly



Donat S.G Belza

                I would have a handful of praises for her, but I have little adjectives in the chart so I’d better ridicule her. Ate Donat (Not doughnut as if asking for one) is the woman that Woolf, Bronte and Stowe would dream for – fierce, audacious, intellectual and critical. She spearheads work with a combo of optimism and hard work. She joggles time efficiently that nothing is missed. She is a complete opposite of Kuya Emman, Ate Donat has an enduring sense of structure, formality and conformity. Her creativity would meddle in conventions- sentence cased and justified.

                But aloof from this formal savvy character is a diehard fan. In my whole life, I have seen such fanaticism (not including my Sharonian mom). Ate Donat would unfailingly strengthen her linkages to other popsters (Sarah Geronimo’s followers) and collaborate to catapult Sarah G to the twitter trends.  She was lately fantasized Niki Minaj for a reason which I still don’t know. Beware she might influence you. The next thing you know you may be a poster or a stupid hoe.
Associated Word: Noteworthy


Conrad Besana

                This long time swimming team member goes with every batch’s craze. He trains depending on his mood. Obviously, I follow this leader. I also train depending on zodiac signs. Kuya Conrad is a good freestyler who accommodates speed and grace since he is a former member of Kislap.   
                He promised to give us doughnuts next SCUAA. Thanks in advance.
Associated Word: Efficascent Oil



Emma Bolasco

                She has a lot of money. I don’t know why. When I see her, she seems to own affluence. Maybe because of her trendy skirts, I still cannot reckon. I got to know Ate Emma when we had our presentation in Prof. Tugbo’s Mythology and Folklore. She willingly arranged our whole play which turned out to be promising. This was pro bono. When Elaine Quinto and I were in a press overnight, she called to ensure that we must rest for tomorrow’s practice. Seldom do I meet people with such care.

                Ate Emma helped us because she was saddened their batch’s parting ways. She takes affection to time ripened closeness.

P.S She is the long lost daughter of James Joyce.   
Associated Word: Thespian


Chris Charlon Buzon

                I have little memories and thoughts of Kuya Chris but most of them are great. Needless to say, he was the ‘Kuya’ of 1-7 (my freshmen block). He trained the class for the Cheer dance competition. Our group was a bundle of good dancers with some estranged synchrony. But he would find a way to concretize order. There were times when the class was in drought of finance, he would still teach us pro bono. But the pro bono has conditions – practice whole heartedly and be on time. When he sets a 7 AM call time, he will arrive at 6AM. Then, I realized on time is before the time. Thank God, we ranked second.

                The second quarter was a lot different. Kuya Chris who used to be our dancing mentor became my teammate in Swimming. Despite being an active member of the PNU PEP Squad, he still commits to this successive water activity. He literally sprints in land, water and air. Kuya Chris without doubt is a kinesthetic genius.
Associated Word: Mushroom      


Geraldine Grace Garcia

                Miss Grace appreciates both the beauty of words and numbers. As a math major she has a strict sense for thrift that utilizes the very cent of every PNUAN. I, for one, would witness her frugal efforts at the littlest detail even if the difference may cost her ten pesos.

                She taught us not to be purely attentive to the academic life and take time to serve others while enjoying of limited stay in the University. Despite her thrift, she owns a long list of stories that cannot be drained. And it’s as if she’s a talking diary of herself.
Associated Word: FR   


April Hermoso

                The girl on fire.  Ate April was the president of the most (so far) promising Circulus Literati batch. I regularly see her as an adamant critic of everything smelly and fishy. I commend her leadership.
Associated Word: CL/U-Shirt


Ethel Jordan

                Dedicated. A friend noted her undying love for service without expecting any benefit or consolation. She’s randomly organized and engaged in fruitful discussions 24/7. Her thought is located beyond, sometimes I think of her as a mystic. She is a mystic who can reconcile both logic and theory. Her vigilance is astounding, a true embodiment of journalism – big nose for big news. Without the luxury of time, she snatches some to speak with us individually. She carries out reason in every advice she offers to a lost soul.
                I could never fathom how she arrives to this level of service. Her work lingers to the benefit of many but doesn’t build a reputation from it. I hope to have (even a bit) her profound humility and dedication.
Associated Word: Triangle                                                                                                    

Cherry Magundayao
                Ate Cherry, the ever brilliant writer who catches the heart of a handful of Literature majors. Her manner of writing possesses clarity and content. I would always, even in my coffin, view her as good mentor. She has a very passionate way of connecting and reaching others. Ms. Palawan has a lot of stories especially on good read books.

                Sometimes she’s like a supermodel. Elegantly gaudy clothes. Somehow sexy body. Changing eye color (cat’s eyes). Cool. She survived a Palawan adventure.
Associated Word: Flambeaux


Merrose Leynes

                She was the class’ (1-7) partner-in-crime during our 2:30-4:00 Humanities period. Her announcement could make or break our day. She makes our day by saying that the teacher is out and we can evacuate the school early.  She ruins our day when she announces another pile of work. I remember when Ate Mae would encourage our class to thrive over the obstacles. She would share her happy life with her energized classmates.
                Aside from this, she also rules the theatre in many ways – acting, singing and even selling tickets. Her humor is never tarnished. Ate Mae would always make everyone smile.
Associated Word: STA/Humanities/Tickets


Jezelle Joy Pineda

                The Female dancer of the Year. She was the ever radiant swimming teammate. While swimming, she still seems to be dancing. Ate Joy-joy is very petit woman who houses a lot of talents. I don’t even know where she takes her energy needed to sustain every activity she has. Sadly, our bond was cut short when I she focused on her leadership in Kislap Sining Dance Troupe.
Associated Word: Dancer

I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
–Stephen Grellet 

1 comments:

Hahahaha. Ngayon ko lang nabasa. Thanks! Bakit di mo to pinaalam samin?

January 9, 2014 at 1:45 AM comment-delete

Post a Comment